Sunday Madrassa tuition is based on an annual program. During the year we have approximately 30 days (+/- 2 days) depending on holidays and weather conditions. We will always try to provide optimal education to our students irrespective of the number of days we can operate. Our annual calendar is posted here for your review.
Sunday Madrassa Will Not Reimburse Tuition after two weeks of attendance.
Student Drop-off & Pick up
- DO NOT DOUBLE PARK
- FOLLOW ALL POSTED SIGNS
- DRIVE CAREFULLY AND SLOWLY
- In the interest of safety, all Weekend Madrassa parents are requested to bring their children to the ADS entrance as defined in this diagram.
- Students must be dropped off before 10:30 AM and picked up after 2:30 PM.
- Students coming in late will get a tardy slip reducing their grades from class performance.
- Madrassa staff does not monitor, nor is responsible for students dropped off and instructed by parents to await their arrival in the parking lot
- All students are expected to follow the Madrassa Dress Code.
- Tardiness All students are expected to be on time.
In the event of bad weather, before leaving your house please visit the Madrassa website and look for an announcement on the Updates page on the website.
Please make sure your child comes to the Sunday Madrassa with their wudu already done as this will save us time during Salat.
Homework & Lesson Plans
We remind our teachers to send updates of their weekly lessons to parents via emails so they are always up to date on class progress. Visit the Lesson Plan web page on a regular basis to stay updated. If a student is absent, he/she will be held responsible for the work missed. Parents are requested to give their email address to the teachers so that he/she can keep you informed on a regular basis.
Madrassa grading policy is as follows:
|Grade Key|| ||
|A||92% – 100%||4 POINTS
|B||85% – 91%||3 POINTS
|C||70% – 84%||2 POINTS
|D||65% – 69%||1 POINTS
|F||less than 65%||0 POINTS
|I - Incomplete||
I = Incomplete Students who receive a failing grade in Islamic Studies will be required to repeat the entire grade until he/she attains a passing grade. Students who receive a failing grade in Qur’an will be assigned appropriate Qur’an Classes, they will not be upgraded to the higher level. Any incomplete grades should be addressed to the Sunday Madrassa Administration.
Excused & Unexcused Absences
To excuse a student’s absence, the parent must send an email message to the class teacher indicating the student’s name, grade, reason for absence, and a number where the parent can be reached. Unexcused absences will cause students to lose points from their class performance. Extended unexcused absences (attendance <60%) will result in a student being dropped from the roll and the student will receive an “Incomplete” grade; no tuition reimbursements will be granted.
All students are expected to maintain a respectful attitude to their environment, peers, teachers, and elders. Students who choose not to act in accordance with proper behavioral conduct will be subject to disciplinary action. Students are also reminded to be mindful of their surroundings. Any possessions that discourage a proper learning environment will be confiscated and stored in the Sunday Madrassa Office. Confiscated items will be returned only to the student’s parent or guardian.
- Items that are subject to confiscation can be part of any of the following categories:
- Any sort of sports balls
- CELL PHONES (IF STUDENT IS FOUND PLAYING OR USING DURING CLASS), & pagers.
- Playing cards
- ANY ELECTRONIC GAMES OR TOYS (ex. CD players, radios, IPods or MP3 players)
- Inappropriate books or magazines
- Anything else that an Administrator may feel is inappropriate for the Sunday Madrassa environment.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES IS A STUDENT PERMITTED TO HIT, KICK, PUNCH, OR OTHERWISE INFLICT ABUSE OR INJURY, (INCLUDING VERBAL ABUSE) TOWARDS A TEACHER, ADMINISTRATOR, OR FELLOW STUDENT. STUDENTS THAT CHOOSE TO DO SO WILL BE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE SUSPENSION.
The Sunday Madrassa Administration will do whatever is within their authority to retain students in the Madrassa. However, if a student repeatedly demonstrate behavior that is not in line with the regulations of the Sunday Madrassa, the Administration will regrettably be forced to expel the student. In case of an expulsion, no tuition reimbursements will be granted.
If at any time a parent should feel concerned about his or her child, the Administration requests that the concerns be directly brought to the attention of the principal of the Madrassa. Although the administration encourages parent-teacher interaction, it is requested that all comments and questions regarding a Madrassa staff member be handled through the Administration to ensure proper evaluation and improvement process. As always, we welcome suggestions and encourage the parents of our students to be deeply involved in their child’s Islamic education and growth. The Sunday Madrassa does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, or a handicapping condition. If you have any questions regarding the implementation of our non-discriminatory policy, please feel free to contact the Principal of the Madrassa.
Sunday Madrassa does not have a employ a professional Nurse. It only carries very basic first aid kit handy for addressing small cuts and bruises. If the situation demands the Administrative or Teaching staff will attend to your child’s/children’s health needs with first aid materials available in our office. This action will be taken to the best of their ability.
In case the matter appears to be of a serious nature parents will be notified on the phone numbers provided. Depending on the seriousness of the situation Sunday Madrassa will call 911 emergency services and send the affected student to the nearest hospital.
Sunday Madrassa is not liable for any sickness or accidental injury occurring on the premises.